Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Murder on the Orient Express

1933, 2000 Berkley [sic] edition
Agatha Christie
Murder on the Orient Express
Original price $5.99, purchase price $3.00
Tattered paperback
B-

This is more focused than Hazelmoor, since there's only one detective, Hercule Poirot in his tenth book, and the very limited setting of the snowbound train.  The twist of everyone being in on the murder has probably lost some shock value after almost 80 years.  Since I usually can't figure out mysteries even on the second reading, I wasn't particularly surprised, or bored, either time.  Because Christie seems pretty good to me, you can see why I considered but didn't keep reading her mysteries.  This one is perhaps the most famous, and I'd like to see the 1974 movie with Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman, Sean Connery, Anthony Perkins, etc.  But, again, I don't feel any urgency about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment