Friday, June 29, 2012

The Borrowers Aloft

1961, undated but pre-1992 Odyssey Classic edition
Mary Norton
Illustrated by Beth and Joe Krush
The Borrowers Aloft
Original price $4.95, purchase price unknown
Worn paperback
C+

This is the fourth book in the series, following The Borrowers Afloat.  While there are some things about it I like, the miniature villages and the balloon sequence, there are literally months where the Clock family is trapped in an attic, not doing much but wearing dungarees and trying to come up with a plan for escape.

As before, this book was not a big part of my growing up.  I don't think I was even invested in the Arrietty/Spiller potential romance.  It was just a book I read, once or twice, and moved on.  This copy I probably picked up at the same time as Afield, and I'm guessing it's not quite as old, since the original price was higher, although it refers to Norton as if she were still alive, and she did live to be 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment